Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What would you think if you saw scars from self inflicted cuts on someone?

Would you be scared of that person? Would you ask them about it? I have some scars on my arms from a bad time in my life a few years ago. It%26#039;s really obvious what they%26#039;re from. Usually I wear long sleeves, but when I don%26#039;t I am so self concious and feel like everyone is staring at them. Please be honest, it won%26#039;t hurt my feelings. I just wanna know.|||I honestly try not to judge by appearance and go more by demeanor, words and acts and let the persons own doings decide for me.


I can care less about what you did in the past, its not my problem unless you ask for advice about it or mention it. However, it is a clear symbol that you went through a difficult time, whatever it may have been. You being alive, shows that you are now a stronger person so there really should not be an issue with it or any concerns about your %26quot;mental health%26quot; either.|||I would think u were like me, cutting is addicting, and clinically it releases stress, :) and its hard to get past for a year solid I had cuts multiple cuts, and they were deep, I didn%26#039;t show people and it wasn%26#039;t for attention or pity, it helped me, I understand that part of it, everyone has ways of dealing with their problems and that was mine. Mederma for scars really helps minimize the scars (I personally kept some of mine for reminders) I still today think about it, but an easy way I found to stop cutting was having a rubberband on my wrist and I%26#039;d snap it reall hard, (the wrist cuz its a soft spot) I wouldn%26#039;t think you would hurt anyone else, or be dangerous in any way I%26#039;d think your a normal person :)|||My friend has the scars. I try not to really mention them, but if we%26#039;re out with friends who don%26#039;t know, then I tell her when you can see them. I also let her know that I%26#039;m there if she needs anything.


I wouldn%26#039;t be scared of you, and I might possibly ask you about it, but only if there was loads, and if it was obvious that you%26#039;d been selfharming.|||People are most likely probably not staring, And i had a really close friend who cut and i never thought she was any less of a person that i was. I just knew that she was having a hard time. I did try to help her go through it other ways, but i never judged her. So don%26#039;t be self conscience just know that people who have souls should not judge you or stare.|||How would I know they were self-inflicted? I have known cutters before and most people don%26#039;t realize that the scars are self inflicted, it%26#039;s easy to assume there was a bad accident or something in the past.





Honestly, people probably are looking but they aren%26#039;t always thinking what it is you think they are thinking. More than likely they assume it is something far from self infliction. You had a rough time and we all go through rough times, you just handled it differently. I won%26#039;t say wear the scars proudly, but don%26#039;t be ashamed for being human. You be you and be comfortable with you!|||My heart would kind of squeeze because I would know they had been hurting. I would ask how they were doing. I would hope for some kind of intervention that would help heal them. I hope your scars heal and you find a way to turn them into a positives, like getting your life in order and being able to help others who are going through it , they would listen because you have walked the walk now talk the talk. Warmest wishes to you from me.|||I personally wouldn%26#039;t be scared. Worried maybe. I couldn%26#039;t pity you cause II understand emotional pain and self harm...I%26#039;m sorry you suffered that much in the past. *hugs*.


I don%26#039;t mean to sound discriminating, but there are a few products that help, like cocoa butter and vitamin e oil, helps fade the scars.


I%26#039;ve also found this page to be extremely helpful, should you feel like harming again. http://www.selfharm.net/fself.html.





Scars on arms I%26#039;ve only seen on myself. I used to have a lot of hideous scars from eczema and being unable to stop myself from scratching as it also provided (scarring) stress relief. I still have several on my arms that haven%26#039;t faded. I do ask friends when I see scars on them even if they seem very old.





The thing is most of my close friends know about the scratching/eczema and are unafraid to ask. I don%26#039;t feel too weird when they know. Other times when I feel self conscious in the presence of people who don%26#039;t know, I just pretend they don%26#039;t matter, though inside, it does.





I guess it helps to think of healing scars as evidence of you having survived something...|||I would be on the lookout for new wounds but I would not go so far as ask them about the scars...it is obvious what they are from. I would hope that the scars are just that... scars... and that the person has healed and moved on.|||I%26#039;d think that the person was in serious emotional pain and it was so overwhelming that they needed to cut themselves just to feel something. And depending upon the age of the scars, I would either assume that the person got help (if the scars were old and healed) or still struggling with the emotional pain and anguish if the scars were newer or fresh.|||This is a very touchy question and most people will try to be nice in answering but will actually act differently in reality.





For me, if I see a self inflicted (scar) injury, I will consider the person dangerous and keep a reasonable distance to avoid being attacked.|||I have,a freind of mine cuts herself-she was diagnosed with borderline schitzophrenia-she also likes for men to cut her during sex-me and her sister tried to sit her down and talk to her about it-but it did no good-she stopped taking her meds years ago-it made me feel like i was dealing with a very mentally unstable person.|||my daughter self harmed . she has thankfully stopped but i never had an aversion to her scars .


there is a belief that self harmers dont feel the pain they are too busy concentrating on harming at the time these are just memories you hold on your arms of a difficult time in your life dont worry about them they are a part of you and in so what other people think does not matter|||I would think %26quot;wow, she must have had some rough things happen in her life%26quot; You should be proud of what you have overcome not, what happen in the past but, what you have done to fix it.|||That is not something you see every day. I feel bad for them. And i would hope that they got past that desire and addiction of cutting themselves like that. I hope you have.. God bless you.|||Honestly i think they were a little stupid, but i am not one too talk. People do stupid things and i am sure most of them regret it too. I would maybe ask, talking can help people alot.|||I would think that they were troubled at one point in their life.








Honestly, who isn%26#039;t? Those who aren%26#039;t troubled at some point are usually either protected or deluded.|||I am sorry for the pain you experienced. I would not be scared of you but I would be concerned and would want to make sure you are alright now.|||I would ask them how things are going for them today, emotionally speaking.|||I would think that you had a bad time in your life and I would hope that things were better for you now.|||I would just hope they got better from whatever they where fighting with. I hear cocoa butter really helps heal scars.|||i would ask what they were from and then just let it go.|||Hell that%26#039;s like half of the girls I%26#039;ve dated.|||I wouldn%26#039;t do or say anything. It would be rude to bring it up if you hadn%26#039;t.|||id give them some tongue|||I have a good friend who has a number of scars on his arms. No one has really asked him about it till one day. They asked him if he had an accident, and he said he hadn%26#039;t.





None of our friends really asks. He wears long sleeves and doesn%26#039;t talk about it. We respect each other%26#039;s space. I%26#039;m sure that if I asked him nicely, he%26#039;d tell me, but I don%26#039;t want to invade his space, so I just wait and if some day he mentions it I%26#039;ll be happy to listen and be respectful.





I guess what I think about when I sometimes see his scars is that I feel sad that he%26#039;s felt that way about himself to do that to himself. It makes me wish I knew him then so that maybe I could have helped him avoid it.





I have another friend who did a lot of cutting and she wears long sleeves but I think that if anyone asked she%26#039;d just speak right up and tell you the whole story. She%26#039;s told me many times. And with her I still feel sad that she got to a point that she felt she needed to do that.|||I%26#039;d think they were an emo wimp that needed to grow a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment