Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is mederma effective in healing scars?

I%26#039;m always out doors due to sports and social activities so its no supprise that i get bitten alot. I then can%26#039;t help but scratch them, i do it in my sleep sometimes. I want to know if mederma is effective in fadding away these scars i have? Also how long would i have to use it on old ones ( that are maybe one to two years old ) ? thank you!|||it made my scar lighter.


but mine was an old one. a 15 year old scar.and still it helped!!!|||I have Mederma, but I didn%26#039;t really use it consistently. Instead, I used Curad Scar Therapy. It%26#039;s a sticky strip that you stick on top of the scar. They come as fairly big pads, but if you%26#039;re just using it for a small bite, you can actually cut it with a scissor and save the rest for later. I like it because it%26#039;s sort of see-through, so it%26#039;s not so noticeable (but I wore it under a shirt anyway; it was used on my shoulder) and you can wear it for a long time and not have to worry about it. I think the instructions said to wear it for like four weeks, but I kept going. The scar faded a lot.





I forget how long it says to wear it during the day, but I stuck it on as soon as I got out of the shower and truthfully, I left it on till the next one to try to get the most out of it. The adhesive kept it on for that long. Sometimes it%26#039;d fall off while I%26#039;m in bed, but it didn%26#039;t happen often. It was usually sticky enough to last for almost the whole day.





It helped a lot. The scar on my shoulder was actually a small keloid from a biopsy at my dermatologist%26#039;s office. She was the one who recommended Curad Scar Therapy. It made it lighter and flatter.





You should look into it. I have another scar that may form on my face, so I may try Mederma again cuz I can%26#039;t really walk around with sticky thing on my face (well, maybe at home or when I%26#039;m sleeping, but not at work).





I think my sister said Mederma helped her scars to fade a bit, though.|||well there is a really good one i recommend by mederma that is for long time scars and also has sunscreen. it is effective if you remember to put it on multiple times a day. i got a scar about 6 years ago and i was too young to care but now i realize that i should have put the scar cream my mother bought me on. thats why i use that one^^^ and it works great!|||Mederma would work pretty effectively in healing your scars, it doesn%26#039;t matter how old the scar is it should work just as well on a new scar. I hope this helps you.


(:|||It worked for me and minimized acne blemishes on my skin. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment