Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are old scars supposed to hurt months after healed?

I have an old scar and i used medcine when it was first cut and it healed fine..but recently it%26#039;s been throbing with pain on and off. It was a pretty bad cut but not one that needed stiches. Is it normal for it to hurt?|||Make sure it doesn%26#039;t look infected or inflamed. If it feels warm to the touch and looks red that means it is inflamed and you need to get it checked out.


If you have recently touched the scar or irratated it in anyway it could throb and be sore for a while.|||I suppose it depends on what the scar was from.





I have a surgical scar (pretty deep cut) on my back from over a year ago and the doctor told me it%26#039;s normal for tissue inside to tear and bleed out and cause inflammation/lots of pain for a while after.





If it%26#039;s just a minor cut though, I%26#039;d get it looked at.|||Thats sounds weird but i have had many cuts and stitches in my life from surgery and accidents. Depending on where the cut is, scar tissue when it first forms is less elastic than your skin would be prior to a cut or injury that opened you up. I had a scar on my forearm that burned and throbbed for a while even after i got my stitches removed. Hope this helped. If it keeps up get it checked out.|||When I had surgery, my scar hurt for a couple of years afterwards and I was told that the nerves were regenerating. But in your case, since you didn%26#039;t need stitches, maybe you healed on the surface but there%26#039;s some foreign object underneath and it%26#039;s getting infected. I%26#039;d see a doctor.|||Where is the scar?


I would say its fine, I have a few very large scars. Every once in a while they will become like this, sensitive, or throb a little etc...


Im sure it is just caused by things such as stress.


So I would say its nothing to worry about, it should go away, just keep an eye on it.


If it is really bothering you then I would suggest getting it checked out...|||no id go to a doctor it might be infected and if is infected and closed (healed) then that is really really bad becouse the only was to help it is shots lots and lots of shots|||My cesarian scar still acts up now and then when I have sex (?) because of the pulling and pushing, odd angles, etc. It just gets sore from the skin being stretched, as it is weaker now. Doc says it%26#039;s normal.|||maybe you scarred at again or maybe it got infected.





wait a few days but if it still hurts you should get it checked out.|||Sometimes scars can get sudden shocks of pain, but not like all the time pain.|||They can hurt for years if nerves were damaged.|||Nooooooooooooooooooooooooope|||nope but if it is a huge scar or a deep scar it may sting a tiny bit.





get it cheked out though just in case|||nope, it%26#039;s prolly infected,


talk to a doc.|||No get it checked out!|||No|||No it isn%26#039;t normal. Get it checked out i t don full heal|||No id go see someone about that if i was you !


good luck|||no i would go see a doctor|||well no at lesat i dont think so|||Nope not at all, sounds worrying...go see ur gp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment